Calvary Presbyterian Church began as a neighborhood church development in 1948, shortly after World War II. We started as a children’s Sunday school class and developed into a worshipping community, meeting in neighborhood homes. The sanctuary was finished by 1953 and an addition for Christian Education was built in 1959. From the beginning, Calvary’s membership has been diverse in economic, educational, professional and denominational backgrounds. In the early 1990s, the church welcomed growing numbers of Presbyterian immigrants from Ghana. Today we hail from many places, and we’re grateful for the diversity we share. We know that God is leading us into a joyful future.